Babybee does not make or sell car seats or car capsules. Instead, all of our prams are compatible with selected Maxi Cosi Car Capsules when used with our Capsule Adaptors (sold separately).
Confused about how to transport your little one in the car? Here's what you need to know:
Car capsule / Infant carrier: rear facing and typically for use up to 6 months of age. Designed with a convenient carry handle to carry your little one out of the car while still strapped into their seat. They can also be attached to some prams and strollers (including the Babybee range) with specific adaptors.
Car seats: can be used in the car only, do not attach to prams or strollers and can’t be carried around. Car seats are front facing (or rear facing for the first 6 months) and are typically designed for use from newborn up to at least 4 years of age.
Pram bassinet: designed for use on a pram or stroller only, these cannot be used in cars. Bassinets ensure the optimal position for babies under 6 months to be transported in a pram or stroller due to their firm, flat base. Read more about this topic here.
Pros & cons of buying a car capsule:
- Pro: Super convenient to carry your sleeping newborn from car to stroller or house without waking them.
- Pro: If you're ducking out to the shops, a cafe or a friends place, you don't necessarily need to bring your pram, baby carrier or bassinet with you as you can carry them in the capsule.
- Pro: You can get them ready inside and carry them straight into the car (great to avoid mucking around with seat belts in the rain)
- Con: $$$ - you'll only use it for 6 months, sometimes less, and then you'll need to purchase a car seat. (Note: it is now possible to hire car capsules for 6 months for around $150. We suggest a quick Google search!).
Maxi Cosi: a popular brand of Car Capsules and widely available across Australia. Our Car Capsule Adaptors allow you to attach any of the following Maxi Cosi capsules and are not compatible with any other models or makes:
- Maxi Cosi Mico (manufactured from 2014 onwards)
- Maxi Cosi Mico AP (manufactured from 2013 onwards)
- Maxi Cosi Mico Plus
- Maxi Cosi Mico AP limited edition
- Maxi Cosi Citi
- Maxi Cosi Titan (a discontinued model but still able to be rented or purchased secondhand)
Visit the Maxi Cosi website directly for more information on their products and where to purchase.
More detailed information about car capsules and car seats can be found on our blog here. Alternatively, send us an email for further assistance firstname.lastname@example.org